Natural Health | Daily Health Tips
Everyone's Body Responds Differently - Of course, everyone is unique and has different natural health needs. A good example of this is sleep. Some people feel terrible if they don't get a full 8 hours; others drag around all day if they sleep more than 6 hours a night. Natural health is about what works best for you.
The Ripple Effect - If you haven't put a lot of thought into your daily health yet, here's something for you to consider. When one part of your body or life is out of whack, it starts a domino effect that throws everything else off balance and out of kilter. Everything is interconnected in our bodies. Remember that old song, "The foot bone's connected to the shin bone; the shin bone's connected to the knee bone...". You get the idea. The optimum natural health of one organ is contingent on the one next to it.
Stress is Not Your Friend - Health is the normal state of your body, that why it's called natural health. Lack of harmony and disease is not normal. Stress and held tension are two of the biggest, most dangerous culprits when it comes to compromising your well-being. They are predators to your natural health.
Your Thoughts Can Make or Break Your Natural Health - You can increase your stress to dangerous levels by virtue of your thoughts alone. Luckily, the opposite is also true. You can find ways to relax and encourage healthier thoughts and attitudes. Meditation, yoga, deep breathing and regular exercise can all be helpful. Use these techniques when worry, anger and frustration are threatening to lower your resistance to illness. Try the method that works best for you to achieve and maintain good daily health via lower stress levels.
Natural Health for Children - While you're improving your own daily health habits, don't forget to promote good health with your children. Mother Theresa once said that she would not march against war but would march for peace. Take a similar stance when instilling good tips and guidelines for your children's daily health. Instead of telling them they'll catch cold if they go outside without their coats, maybe point out that dressing for the weather will help them stay healthy (yes, I know, you don't catch a cold that way). That's just the first thing that came to mind but you get the idea. Replace negative statements with positive ones.
Feeding Your Body for Daily, Natural Health - It goes without saying that a nutritious, balanced diet is a good thing to help your body fight stress and disease, as well as keep you looking and feeling good. Take that a couple of steps further for optimal results:
- Eat natural foods as much as possible to avoid the typical chemical additives and sugars.
- Chew your food thoroughly. Your meals should be relaxed and enjoyable to better aid digestion.
- Avoid overeating. It will help your body function easier and you get to skip the associated headaches and feelings of sluggishness.
- Wait at least one hour after eating vegetables before indulging in fruit to avoid a conflict in amino acids. Though eating these foods together seems natural, health benefits are lost.
- Eat only one type of fruit per day. For examples, only plums. The next day, you can choose a different fruit and only eat that fruit for the day. The reason is the same as for mixing fruits and veggies.
- Vegetables are okay to mix and eat in any combination daily. Health benefits are not lost.
- Replace coffee with fruit or juice first thing in the morning. It will help get your digestive juices going and you'll feel more cheerful. It does matter what type.
- Do not drink 1/2-1 hour before or after meals. It doesn't matter whether you're talking about wine or water. Liquid impedes the digestion process and can cause indigestion and gas.
- Do not gulp your drink, and be sure to have at least 24 ounces of water every day to flush and replenish your system and cells so they can maintain natural health. It is recommend that you sip the water in order to give your body a chance to reap the full benefit.
- Drink your water at room temperature. Ice cold water will give your system a shock and slow down digestive processes.
Exercise is a Big Daily Health Tip - I know, this isn't news to you. If you dislike exercising, then do something that you enjoy that will at least get you moving, such as walking, stretching, dancing or swimming. The activity will help you become more relaxed and will keep your glandular and digestive areas unclogged and working smoothly.
I hope this article on Daily Health Tips will be beneficial to your natural health overall.